Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fresh Peach Salsa



Peaches are coming into season here and I love finding different ways to use them. This weekend I picked up all the ingredients to make fresh peach salsa at the Burleson Farmers Market.
Here is what you will need:

5 or 6 Peaches or Nectarines chopped ( you can also substitute with mango or watermelon) - about 2 cups of fruit.
1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped ( you can add more if you would like hotter)
1/2 red onion finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp lime juice ( I use orange juice because I forgot to get a lime
2 Tbsp Vinegar ( I used red wine but apple cider or plain white would work)

Serve with scoop tortilla chips for maximum fruit explosion.

Cheers!

I have watermelon I think I will try that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment